Monday, June 1, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 50

Today was a good day. I am committed to eating healthy again, and I am excited to watch my progress throughout June. I had someone at work come to me yesterday and ask me how I have been losing weight. She said she wants to do what I am doing. I told her all about Full Throttle Athletics and directed her to this blog to see exactly what I have been doing. It was a great feeling to have someone notice that I have been losing weight and for her to ask me how I have been losing it. It also felt nice to be able to tell her and show her the healthy lifestyle I have been living, rather than being embarrassed about some fad diet. I was able to show her videos and she was able to see my diet and eating choices.
Today's training was great! I love going in early and doing a few deadlifts. After doing the deadlifts we did 6 minutes of jump roping and several stretches using pvc pipe as a warm up. Several weeks ago just doing that would have had me exhausted. Then, we did 10 pullups, 20 jump squats, and 30 kettlebell swings for 20 minutes, as many rounds as possible. This was the first time I have done jump squats, and those things were killer... BUT I loved them at the same time. I love seeing and feeling the muscles in my legs as they grow, and I know this will make them even stronger.
Here is what I ate today:
5:30am - Whey Protein Drink, 4 strawberries
8:00am - ProGrade Lean Meal Replacement Drink
10:00am - 1/4 cup almonds
12:30pm - salad with smoked chicken, light blasamic vinaigrette dressing
3:00pm - Whey Protein Drink, pear
6:30pm - scrambled eggs with grounds beef, mushrooms, and spinach
I drank over 150 ounces of water today

No comments:

Post a Comment