Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 65

Today I asked BJ if I could go pull a weighted sled for about 20 minutes. So, I went to Full Throttle Athletics and was about to pull the sled when he asked if I wanted to pull a large tire instead. He said the tire weighed a little less than the sled I usually pulled, but it was a different feel. Sure enough, I thought the tire was more difficult to pull because there seemed to be much more resistance. I pulled the tire for 20 minutes at a distance of about 1 mile, and I felt like I had a great workout. I continue to find it amusing that I actually look forward to the training.
On another note, I have been doing very well with my eating choices in the last couple weeks. BJ gave me a piece of advice last week that has really stuck with me and helps keep me from giving in to the temptation of eating poorly. Before eating anything, I ask myself if eating the item will get me one step closer to my goal. If it does not get me any closer to my goal, then I do not eat it.
Here is what I ate today:
7:30am - 2 eggs, 4 egg whites scrambled with mushrooms ad spinach
10:30am - 2 cups of raw spinach and 22 almonds
1:30pm - Smoked catfish filet, 3 cups of raw spinach
4:30pm - Whey protein drink, 2 cups of raw spinach
9:00pm - Smoked sausage link
I drank over 150 ounces of water

No comments:

Post a Comment