Sunday, June 14, 2009

Full Throttle - Days 62 and 63

This weekend I faced a new challenge that I had not yet faced since I began my transformation... a large familygathering. In my family this means great times and LOTS of food... mostly food that is not good for me. I was able to eat several different meats as well as a small amount of fruit, but I did not eat in the evening. I know that not eating is not a good practice, but that was what I did. It felt nice to not feel any real temptation to eat all the foods that I usually eat and to totally avoid even looking at the dessert table. It was a busy weekend, and I found it difficult to eat at times, so I did not eat as much as I should have. Weekends can be difficult because there is no scheduled routine like I have on weekdays. Although I did not eat several small meals each day this weekend, I am glad that I did not make any poor choices as far as what I actually ate.
Here is what I ate this weekend:
Saturday:
8:30am - 4 eggs
11:15am - almonds
1:30pm - Smoked Sausage, brisket, and pulled pork (with no sauce), 5 apple slices
9:00pm - 5 strawberries
Sunday:
8:30am - 4 strawberries
11:30am - 2 hamburger patties, salad with light balsamic vinaigrette
9:00pm - 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites scrambled with spinach and mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment