Sunday, May 31, 2009

Full Throttle - Days 48 and 49

Well, I learned a lot this weekend. I realized how easy it is to eat poorly repeatedly after making poor eating choices once. Friday night I ate poorly, and it made the decision to eat poorly easier on Saturday and Sunday. This weekend I feel like I "relapsed", and I realized how strong poor eating choices have a hold on me. I have always been a fan of unhealthy, great tasting foods, and I have always struggled with my weight. For most of the last two months I have been making much more healthy choices in the food that I eat. However, I am disappointed in myself this weekend. I still ate better this weekend than I would have eaten a few months ago, but I still feel guilty. On Saturday morning I was driving by a donut store, and my son told me he was hungry. At first I was only going to buy him some donuts, but then once I was in the store I decided to get me some donuts too. I felt so stupid because I was looking around hoping nobody would see me. Then, as I was paying for the donuts, I heard a voice say, "Is that Full Throttle approved?" I knew I was caught!!! Being caught was probably the best thing that could have happened because it made me realize how strong of a hold food can have on me. I also chatted with BJ at Full Throttle Athletics about it tonight. As he said, if I do not buckle down with my eating, I will just be spinning my wheels. My goals are much greater than only spinning my wheels. The reason I blog about my transformation and write about it on facebook is so I am able to have the accountability that I need. I know that this accountability is very important to my progress, and it is crucial to my success. I must make a plan for the week and follow it closely in order to be able to eat healthy. Without a plan it becomes too easy to make poor choices. As soon as I finish blogging this post I will write out my menu for the week. Although I am disappointed in myself, I will use this experience to help guide me to make wiser choices in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment