Monday, May 18, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 36

This morning I woke up, and I was exhausted. I am thankful for the accountability of a group of people expecting me to be somewhere to train because that is what helped me get out of bed. On my way to Full Throttle Athletics this morning I was still feeling very sluggish and was worried that it would be more difficult for me to give my full effort while training. So I decided to stop by a convienence store and buy a low calorie enrgy drink in the small shot size. It made a dramatic difference because I suddenly had the enrgy to train harder than I had in awhile. Today's session was tough, but I felt pretty good throughout. I spoke to BJ about drinking an energy drink each morning before our training, so I plan to start doing that. 6am comes early each time I train at that time, and I feel like my fatigue has caused me to not be able to train as hard as I'd like, and I am hoping the energy drinks will help boost me. Today I felt good because I told several people about what we did this morning, and most of them had very stunned reactions like, "There is no way I could do that" or "I get tired just thinking about that." It made me feel good because 6 weeks ago I would have said the same thing, but now I know that I can do it. The warmups alone would have been considered a full workout for me 6 weeks ago.
Here is what I had to eat today:
5:30am - Whey Protein Drink (half serving) - 26 grams of protein
7:45am - ProGrade Lean Meal Reaplacement Drink, about 10 blackberries - 35 grams of protein
10:00am - Whey Protein Drink (half serving), 1/4 cup of almonds - 35 grams of protein
1:30pm - 3 steak fajitas with cabbage leaves in place of tortillas, and gucamole - 50 grams of protein
4:00pm - Whey Protein Drink, 1/4 cup of almonds - 60 grams of protein
6:30pm - Filet of smoked catfish, 2 beef jerkey sticks - 30 grams of protein
I drank over 120 ounces of water

No comments:

Post a Comment