Thursday, May 14, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 32

Today something happened that I have been waiting for. We all have those clothes that we hang on to "just in case" we lose weight and need them someday. Well, today was that someday, at least for one pair of shorts. I was changing clothes this evening and put on some of my favorite shorts, which I purchased last summer. Unfortunately, those shorts were now too big, and they were practically falling off of me. So, I went to the top of my closet and figured I'd give my old shorts a try. I had not worn them in over a year because they had become too small. Well, they are no longer too small, and I was so excited to be able to wear those shorts. I have half a closet full of clothes I like that I have not been able to bring myself to part with, and I know that within the next couple months I will be able to wear them all. I am a bit nervous about tomorrow morning because my weight and measurements will be taken. I have worked SO hard this week, and I fear seeing no change. However, no matter what any of those measurements say, I am able to wear shorts that have not fit me in over a year. THAT excites me.
Here is what I ate today:
7:45am - ProGrade Lean Meal Replacement Drink, several strawberries - 35 grams of protein
10:15am - 1/4 cup of almonds - 8 grams of protein
12:30pm - 3 steak fajitas with homemade guacamole using cabbage leaves in place of tortillas (surprisingly delicious!!!) - approx 80g of protein
4:00pm - Whey protein drink, pear, 1/4 cup of almonds - 60g of protein
6:15pm - 6 scrambled eggs - 36g of protein

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Scott!!!! That is fantastic! I can't wait to hear how this morning went!!! You are doing such an amazing job, and should be so proud of yourself!! Rembember to take pride in the little accomplishments becuase they will start to add up!! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer's comment above regarding the little things is spot on.

    Remember, the level of success you acheive is directly related to the number of small things you do right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! You have been working your butt off! Yes pun WAS intended! I saw you lost 12 pounds this month...completely AWESOME! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete