Monday, May 4, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 22

Today's workout was great. I felt like I pushed myself better than I had been pushing myself. It is funny how exercises we did as kids with no problem are so much more difficult now as an adult who has not exercised in years. Sit-ups used to be easy for me, even as a husky kid. But now I realize that my ab muscles are not all that strong, plus my belly gets in the way a little bit (but I know that is only temporary).
I was talking to someone today who said that I inspired them to also get into shape. What a great feeling to feel as though I inspired someone to exercise and eat healthy. I think in the past the only time I inspired anyone to do that was when they would look at me and say, "I don't want to look like that guy, so I better start working out." I still look forward to working out and getting myself healthier. I almost feel like I crave the early morning workouts now. Plus, now that I get up at 5:15am three days a week, sleeping until 6:30 feels like I am sleeping in.
I am typing this on Wednesday for Monday, so I am having trouble recalling what I ate. I know that for the most part I ate ok, but I gave in to temptation and ate poorly for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment