Sunday, May 24, 2009

Full Throttle - Days 39-42

I am finding it more and more difficult to sit down and blog every day. I will try to continue to do so, but if I am unable to blog daily I will at least blog every few days. BJ has mentioned a Tactical Strength Challenge in September to me several times, which would include deadlifts. During my training at Full Throttle Athletics I have grown to really enjoy deadlifts, and in the back of my mind I knew that the Tactical Strength Challenge would be something I wanted to participate in. I spoke with BJ about it a little, and I am now going to really start training for the deadlift portion of the Tactical Strength Training. I will be going in 15 minutes early each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings to train for this. Plus, the training we do at the bootcamp on those mornings are also great training. Click this link to see some highlights from the most recent Tactical Strength Challenge. I am excited about taking part in this challenge. I have set a personal goal to deadlift 315 pounds by September and to deadlift 500 pounds by this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment