Sunday, May 10, 2009

Full Throttle - Days 27 and 28

This weekend it hit me how hard this whole thing can be sometimes. Right now I am finding the eating part to be the most difficult aspect of my transformation. I have eaten poorly for so long that it is taking much more effort to change my habits than I expected. BJ's comment on yesterday's blog kinda knocked the wind out of me a little and made me realize how poorly some of my eating choices are. I realize that I must plan ahead on what I will eat and to be prepared so that I do not make poor decisions. Today I planned out everything I will eat the rest of this week. Tomorrow morning I will take my plan to BJ so he can look over it and make any suggestions so that I can have a good week as far as my diet is concerned. I truly want to change my life, and my eating habits must change for this change to be successful. Almost seven days a week one of my kids has a baseball or basketball game or practice, or I have to umpire adult softball, or my wife has to work late, or any combination thereof. This hectic schedule has made it difficult for us to have time to prepare good quality meals at home. We must plan ahead so that we have food prepared when necessary so that we do not just go and grab fast food when we have a busy night. I am looking forward to the health benefits as well as the financial benefits of planning out our meals in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment