Thursday, May 7, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 25

One great thing about posting what I eat is that the two people who are monitoring it closely are able to tell me exactly what needs to change and how it can change. I am so thankful to have that feedback so that I can maximize my efforts to gain lean muscle and lose fat. I honestly feel so blessed to have people around me who encourage me, support me, and provide me guidance in this transformation. I feel as though a lot of people are wanting to see me succeed. One of the people that encourages me a great deal is one of the people I work out with every morning, Jennifer Johnson. I must admit that the first time I worked out with Jennifer was my 2nd time to ever work out at Full Throttle Athletics. The first time I worked out it was only me and my friend Mark, and I made it halfway through the workout and thought I was going to pass out. When I saw Jennifer, who happens to be Mrs. Frisco, and her friend (who for all I knew was the runner-up for Mrs. Frisco or possibly Ms. Frisco) come in the morning of my second workout, I sucked in my tummy and told myself that I had to finish my workout today no matter what... I couldn't let these girls see me looking all weak. Anyways, Jennifer was preparing to compete for Mrs. Texas, so she was working her tail off. Through the last four weeks of working out I have watched Jennifer's work ethic and been inspired to see her go for her goal the way she has. She has also been very encouraging to me as I pursue my goals. Because Jennifer is Mrs. Frisco (and I think she should have won Mrs. Texas - but I have never been a pageant judge, so my opinion doesn't make much difference) I figured she was one of those girls that kinda always had it easy. Today she posted a very inspiring blog post, and it really showed me how "normal" she actually is. I want to share it with those who read my blog (I hope you don't mind, Jennifer) because it was inspiring to me. It made me reflect on some things and set some new goals. I can't wait until the day I can post about how much my life has changed through this transformation the way Jennifer was able to in her post today. I am already forming relationships and friendships and gaining confidence in myself, and I am discovering a new love for exercising that I NEVER thought I would have. I feel inspired, encouraged, and empowered to change my life. I still kinda suck in my tummy when the women walk in the gym, but I know I can totally be myself and know that they are there going through the same things I am. *Note to all the rest of you 6am Full Throttle folks: your time will come when I will post about what you mean to me because all of you have encouraged me in so many ways.
Here is what I ate today:
7:30am - ProGrade Lean Meal Replacement Drink, several strawberries
11:45am - Salad with vinaigrette dressing, mushrooms, carrots, hame, salami, and mozerella cheese and half a piece of bread
7:30pm - Grilled talapia with steamed broccoli
I had a beef jerkey stick when I got home and read BJs post that I need to eat more protein.
I drank a ton of water today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Scott, I just saw this post on my Facebook feed. I'm impressed that you're working so hard. I have completely let myself go for months, but (shhhh...) I'm actually about to change that. I keep saying I'm going to, but I'm officially sick and tired of being sick and tired and fat and lots of other things related to health. Tomorrow marks 10 years I've been out of college, and Saturday marks 10 years I've been married. It's now or never baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Scott!!! Thank you for saying those sweet things!! :) You are truly an inspiration to all of us, and am so glad that our paths have met!!! I HATE getting up early, but knowing that I have my 6am team there makes it much easier!!! Keep it up! You are abolutely kicken a** and taken names! :)

    ReplyDelete