Monday, May 25, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 43

This morning I went in to Full Throttle Athletics early to start working on my deadlifts. I am still trying to get my form correct, and the proper form will make a huge difference in the amount of weight I am able to deadlift. It felt really good to do some deadlifts and imagine myself lifting so much more weight in a few months. I am really excited about the potential of lifting 500 pounds eventually. This morning's training consisted of a total of 40 deadlifts (I did 3 sets of 5 at a heavier weight before the bootcamp began and then 5 sets of 5 as part of the bootcamp), and then we did 3 rounds of 10 burpees (squat thrusts) with a jump at the end, 20 lunges, 30 squats, and a 400 meter jog. After working my legs so hard, the jog was somewhat difficult. Each time the jog began my leg muscles were very confused and it would take several steps before my legs did not feel like wet noodles. Once I was done with training I came home and did yard work. A couple months ago I would have been so tired I would have never been able to come home and do yardwork after doing so much physical exercise. I am already seeing so many benefits to my training at Full Throttle Athletics, and I know I will continue to see changes, both internally and externally.

No comments:

Post a Comment