Monday, April 20, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 8

This morning I woke up bright and early for my workout. I woke up several times during the night in fear that I had overslept, because I am still not used to waking up this early. There is a great deal to be said for accountability, so I do not want to oversleep and miss the workout. The workout at Full Throttle Athletics this morning was tough, and I worked hard, but I was a little disappointed that I could not do more. I have to keep reminding myself that I am going to have to gradually build up to be able to do more. However, I can tell my endurance level is already improving. This morning I started drinking Prograde Lean Complete Meal Replacement after my workout, which I will be drinking every morning for awhile. I am also really watching my diet and trying to eat healthy.
I was able to see some results from working out today. I have been playing slowpitch softball for several years now. It is something I love to do, but I have realized how limited I am because of my size, weight, and endurance. Tonight I had a game, and I was amazed that my energy level was higher than it has been in years, and I did not get winded running around the bases. This was the first sign of real results I have been able to see so far. It was nice to score a couple runs, go into the dugout and not have to sit down for a few minutes to take a breath. We have one more game this season, and I cannot wait to play in the fall and be in much better shape and have much greater endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment