Thursday, April 23, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 11

After a great deal of encouragement from my friend, Mark, I have decided to post what I eat each day. I have hesitated to do this for a couple reasons. First, EVERYBODY seems to have a different opinion about what I should eat. It seems like everyone I talk to gives me different ideas, tips, suggestions, etc. Therefore, I know that if I post what I eat, I will have all kinds of different comments. The diet that I am trying to follow has been laid out to me by a doctor and will be reviewed by a doctor and my trainer. Second, I know that if I post what I eat, I will make myself vulnerable and be held accountable. This accountability is a good thing, but food is one of my greatest struggles (as evidenced by my girth). I know I will have days when I struggle and "fall off the wagon." On those days I will be embarassed to post what I eat, but I will post it nonetheless. By posting what I eat, I am truly making myself vulnerable, but I also think it will help me maintain a good diet. I plan to eat 5-6 meals a day, most of which are small meals, and drink at least a gallon of water a day. So here goes... here is what I ate today:
7am - ProGrade Lean Meal Replacement Drink and 6 strawberries
10:30 - 2 pineapple slices and 3 strawberries
12:15pm - Bowl from Chipotle with rice, black beans, steak, and lettuce (a bit of hot sauce) I also had a cup of Coke Zero (refilled once)
3:00pm - 2 strawberries and a couple melon slices
7:15pm - Grilled steak and a salad with mushrooms and raspberry vinagrette dressing, 2 slices of watermelon.
I drank a ton of water today. I refill throughout the day and lose count of how much I drink after about 100 ounces.

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude,
    I am so proud of you bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm glad you're doing this. It will make our job easier.

    Over all not bad choices, it's a great start to something better.

    My biggest suggestion is to get more veggies. They will fill you up and have lots of good stuff that will help you recover from our workouts.

    Nice work this week, have great weekend.

    ReplyDelete