Monday, July 6, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 85

This morning's training was good. I am not doing any deadlifts this week, but I am getting more and more excited about competing in a Tactical Strength Challenge on September 5. I am a little nervous because I have never done anything like that, but I am also very excited about doing it. My goal is to deadlift 315 pounds... I am so anxious to know if it is something I will be able to do. By this time next year my goal is to deadlift 500 pounds. The competition gives me something to really strive and work hard for, and I know deadlifting 315 pounds in September is an achievable goal. Today's training consisted of 15 overhead squats, 10 kettlebell swings, 5 kettlebell deadlifts, and then a 300 meter run... as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes. I completed 5 3/4 rounds, and I feel like I worked really hard.
Here is what I ate today:
7:45am - ProGrade Lean Meal Replacement Drink
10:45am - Whey Protein Drink, 22 almonds
2:00pm - smoked catfish filet, spinach
6:00pm - 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites scrambled with spinach and mushrooms.
I drank over 200 ounces of water today.

No comments:

Post a Comment