Monday, November 9, 2009

Full Throttle - Day 212

I had some trouble sleeping last night, so 5am came very early this morning when it was time to get up and go workout. The good thing is that working out 3 days a week has become such a habit that I no longer lay in bed and argue with myself about getting up. Although it would still be easier to turn the alarm off and go back to sleep, I have found that it is not near as difficult to get up as it used to be.
This morning's workout was really tough (one of the toughest in awhile) but I felt so good about it when I was done. The warmup alone had me exhausted, but I loved that feeling. The warmup consisted of 10 overhead squats, run to the road (about 200 meters), and 10 body weight squats... this sequence repeated for 10 minutes. Once that "warmup" was done, the workout began. The workout was a 50/10 (50 seconds on and 10 seconds off) of 5 different exercises, and the sequence was completed 4 times... for a total of 20 minutes. The exercises were ring pushups, squats, mountain climbers, one arm kettlebell presses, and 2 handed kettlebell swings. The 10 seconds between exercises was just enough to get to the next station and get ready to begin the next exercise. After the 20 minutes, I was exhausted, but it felt so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment