Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Full Throttle - Days 120-128

Wow, missing one day of blogging can easily become 2 days, then 3 days, then 9 days. I think about blogging regularly, but I have found it is easier and easier not to blog with each passing day. I am thankful for accountability from those who encourage me to blog daily and chronicle my journey. I guess this is a lesson I can learn with any habit in life. With each passing day of not doing something, it becomes easier and easier to not do it the following day. This journey takes such constant focus and determination, and it is a bit scary how easily it could be derailed. I ask that anyone who reads this and notices I have not blogged for a day or two to call me out on it and ask me about it (Mark I know you will).
So, here are a couple things that have happened in the last 9 days:
The scale was not indicating much weight loss for a couple weeks, which became very frustrating to me. However, my measurements were still going down. Well, this last week I weighed 7 pounds less than I had 2 weeks previously, so that was a great sign. I have now officially lost a total of 53 pounds since beginning my training at Full Throttle Athletics, and 70 pounds overall since December 2008.
Second, I have been playing softball for several years and have been out of shape the entire time I have been playing. Well, this season I have really looked forward to getting on base and running the bases. I feel like I am faster than I have ever been and I am certainly in much better shape, so running the bases is so much fun. Well, on Monday night I did something I have never done before. I hit an inside the park homerun (no errors). When I hit the ball, it went over the centerfielder's head, and I knew I was going for it. I felt like I ran faster than I can ever remember running, and I rounded the bases as fast as I could. I was safe at home, and the best part was that I was not even breathing hard. A few months ago, I would have had to stop and take a break at second base.
These small accomplishments are what keep me going. I am excited to continue seeing more and more successes as my journey continues.

1 comment: